1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE Music 9-1- Anthology

Discussion in 'Music' started by jacobwoolley17, Jan 16, 2018.

1. jacobwoolley17

jacobwoolley17 New commenter

Hi all,
    I'm in a bit of a pickle. My school teaches the edexcel 9-1 spec and we use a cut version (literally the binding is removed) of the anthology however it doesn't always come out with the greatest quality of image. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
    Many thanks
    JW

Attached Files:

2. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Is this how it was purchased from the publisher? If so, return it. Or are you saying that it has been photocopied? :eek:

3. jacobwoolley17

We cut the book and photocopy what we need :)

4. muso2

muso2 Occasional commenter Community helper

I'm not sure what you're asking here. I'm sure many teachers do photocopy resources to use in class, but I think the official line with anthologies would be that you purchase a class set. If you have done so but prefer to use photocopies so they can scribble on them (then you shred then after use) this might be acceptable. Do you have someone who works in reprographics or the school office who might be able to advise on how to get a higher quality image on the photocopier?

5. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Providing the school is covered by a licence from the Photopying Licensing Agency (as most are), it is normally permiited to photocopy no more than 5% of a book per annum. It is difficult to see how the set works could be delivered on that basis, though.

6. jacobwoolley17

Thank you I will talk to reprographics I'm sure they'll know how.