1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE Moderator

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by dangerousdan, Apr 19, 2012.

1. I have been given the same moderator for Paper 1 and 2 for Drama GCSE this year. Is this an error? Have Edexcel changed the way this happens now?

Maybe I've missed something. Please let me know...

2. I have been given the same moderator for Paper 1 and 2 for Drama GCSE this year. Is this an error? Have Edexcel changed the way this happens now?

Maybe I've missed something. Please let me know...

3. Change to system; it is correct.
    They are trying to avoid last year's discrepancies.

4. Yes that is correct, they have tried to avoid any discrepancies.

5. Ah, so now we can get screwed over *twice* by a harsh marker.

6. Your work will be marked at the same standard by the same moderator - you can't assume one of your mods was generous/accurate/harsh and the other wasn't. Secondly: learn from last year. That's the standard. Mark to it. If your moderator/s was/were harsh last year, you will be marked up if you mark to that standard. However, I genuinely think that most moderators (of any subject of any board) are accurate - there are only ever a few that get it wrong. Finally, if you want to take issue with the moderated marks, appeal. Your E9 should give you the feedback you need but a report from an enquiry after results is much much more detailed (I guess the senior people who do the EARs are paid more to be that detailed with an appeal).

7. Wow, someone's not a happy bunny. There were clearly some unhappy schools from last year, but the change is in place to make sure that getting 'screwed over' shouldnt really happen. There appears to be a lot of people who thought their top band from the old spec is the same as the top banding in the new one, which it is not. If you are unsure, perhaps see if you could be a moderator next year and then there would be no more being 'screwed over'?? just a thought.
    Alternatively if you are unhappy then perhaps a complete change of board??