1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE is this allowed?...

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by pinski1971, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Controlled assessments... have done a written piece on Sport and Leisure, looking at teenage life in the UK, what is popular, what isn't, what they would do if they could...
    Am now working through topic on health, excellent group and want to do oral. Have pored over the folders and think I can... I want to do - again - Sport and Leisure, purely because it fits in... a picture based discussion, showing them some sort of photograph of Sport - maybe even the London 2012 logo, and take it from there - do you play sport, how do you stay healthy, what about drugs in free time, drugs in sports... is this allowed with Edexcel?
    Many thanks in advance...

2. sorry - to clarify my question - is it allowed to do an oral on a theme that has already been done in the written controlled assessment, even though it's on a different type of activity and different answers/vocab/issues are being explored.
    Many thanks in advance...

3. zhlf233

zhlf233 New commenter

Yes, you are allowed to do this - I have!

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

Yes - as long as they do not use the same work (ie write it for CAW and say something essentially the same for CAS)

5. to both - thank you so much - I have trawled my Edexcel folders and still wasn't 100% confident!

most grateful for your advice....