1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE ICT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by hoof_hearted, Jan 13, 2012.

1. hoof_hearted

hoof_hearted New commenter

Exam paper today - any thoughts?

2. hoof_hearted

hoof_hearted New commenter

Exam paper today - any thoughts?

3. tjra

tjra Occasional commenter

I'm really interested to find out what people's thoughts on the course are as we're hoping to deliver this from September (alongside Computing as a different option... those students who might choose both will have 6 hours a week with me!).

4. Pupils found this exam very difficult and in relation to the Pearson ICT book we have bought in many topics were not covered in this book. The wording of the paper was also quite confusing and I feel it could put pupils at a disadvantage.

5. My pupils found it tricky compared to past and sample papers. Will have to wait for the results to come through.

6. I agree the wording on the exam paper this morning was confusing for the students. The brightest pupils found it difficult to tackle long answer questions. I do hope the grade boundaries are lowered.

7. Surely as a mere ICT GCSE course every one should have found it easy. That is if they could stay awake due to the sheer boredom of the subject matter. According to Mr Gove and the CS fanatics on here all students had to to was put their name on the paper and he ho they all get at least a C grade. [​IMG]

8. To be honest. I felt quite a few questions were not covered in the spec.
    Connecting the two devices (drawing the wire)
    How the website could restict certain countries from viewing/streaming from their site
    Sharing mobile broadband
    Other ways a device could use data from the movement sensor
    3G SIM card slot?
    Tablets features that uses energy
    Benefit of connecting tablet computer to TV
    I am actually strongly considering of complaining to Edexcel.

9. I agree with you, I have had to enter all my pupils in for a retake in June which is something I did not want to do.