1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE ICT Controlled Assessment

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by philipm20, Mar 24, 2011.

1. I would be keen to hear how people have got on with the controlled assessment this year for Edexcel, my school will be moving over from OCR to Edexcel next year moving away from the Short Course the a Double Award course.

Thanks

2. lemontee

lemontee New commenter

It is similar to DiDA units which we had done for years but we have taken a while to get our heads round it. We have taken part in all three of the Edexcel 'Tea Time' Online events on the controlled assessment and have found them very good - lots of clarification on issues we had and examples of what they feel students should be producing. I'm sure they will be running them again - check the training section. Also exemplar CAB and commentary is out now if you look on site; http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gcse/gcse10/ict/Pages/documents.aspx

Hope this helps

3. Do EdExcel understand what controlled conditions are or are they wooly like other boards?

4. I took the UpcyleNow! CAB, re-wrote the HTML files around a practice CAB I wrote myseld based on a different theme (Italian students visiting the school) that asks students to produce largely the same outcomes. Some of the pages didn't need any changing at all apart from titles. It looks the same as a real CAB, takes them through the same process and I can help them as much as I like. They know exactly what to do and how to do it now and are totally comfortable with the style and approach of the live CAB.

5. There's no such thing as AS Controlled Assessment - it's still classed as Coursework at A-Level.