1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE French 9-1 SAMS

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Listo83, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Listo83

Listo83 New commenter

Hi. Has anyone used these materials as their mock yet? How did you find the Higher Listening? Our pupils found it very difficult. I'm guessing / hoping that, if the board were to set a similar paper in June, the grade boundaries would be really low once they saw the spread of results. Would appreciate your thoughts.
  2. germanbear

germanbear New commenter

Hi there, we are an AQA centre but we recently had our Y11s sit the Edexcel sample papers in Spanish and German (no French here). We thought they were ridiculously difficult! Compared to the AQA sample papers which the kids did at the end of Y10, these were way harder. I thought some of it was A-Level standard, both in terms of the language used, but also the way they were having to infer meaning from the texts.
  3. parkert

parkert New commenter

I agree
  4. littlesaur1

littlesaur1 New commenter

I also thought the second set of SAMs were harder. What have you done about grade boundaries? We aren't doing the speaking until the beginning of January so haven't agreed boundaries yet.
  5. Listo83

Listo83 New commenter

9 8 7 6 5 4 3
    90 80 73 62 52 44 32

5 4 3 2 1
    71 54 37 28 20

What do you think?
  6. littlesaur1

littlesaur1 New commenter

I see where you are coming from but if you look at Maths and English last year, you only needed about 80% for 9 and 65% for 8 so I am in a quandary.