1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE Drama - Fried Hard Drive wipes all video recorded sessions - Help!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by resources4drama, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Advice 1 - always keep a backup
    Advice 2 - what happened to the original recordings? If you used a hard disc drive camera and haven't used it much since, then the files are probably still on the camera even if you erased them. "Erasing" simply unlocks the drive space and allows the files to be overwritten when needed. So, unless you have used the camera a lot, the files might still be there, Use a programme like recuva to retrieve them.
    Advice 3 - in future, burn the DVDs before erasing the original recording.
    Advice 4 - if you are using a networked school computer, there could be a master backup of all users' data. (If it was a home computer that's a big mistake for all sorts of reasons).
    Calming words - **** happens. You'll get a nasty report from your moderator. I'm sure you won't be the only person this happens to this year.The students should not be penalised BUT there is no corroboration for your practical marks.
    Shared experience - I lose things too - my hard drive "fried" last week (but I have backups).
    Hope the tech guys can help you.

2. ok
    1st - I usually burn the sessions after they are done to ensure there are back ups, also it can be stored onyour schools hard drive if you ask nicely..
    2nd - get in touch with edexcel pronto and get the appropriate forms filled in.
    calming words;
    Don't panic about it if they can't be retrieved, it does happen, just learn from it and don't let it happen again. (could be a way to get some new equipment - a seperate external hard drive for your work??) Our music dept had one given to them because they had a similar problem with recordings.

You're not the first, you will not be the last..