1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE Composition- Which format to use to submit it

Discussion in 'Music' started by cyberbell7, Jan 29, 2011.

1. hello
    I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a student who for her 2nd composition has decided to write a pop song. The student has written out the chords and the strumming pattern and also the words. She is struggling to put it into Sibelius. Does anyone know if there is a way round this. Could I record her and send in the "score" she has done or do I need to push for a notation score. I have emailed the exam board but haven't anything back yet

Thanks in advance for any advice

2. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

A quick Google search found this on the Edexcel website:
    Their awful website would not lead me to the full 2010 specification but the 2009 spec said these things:
    and you may find this bit of particular use...
    Other posters may have further information about the new spec.

3. The above post is correct. I have a student doing the same sort of thing. I have made her print out the words and add the chords underneath along with comments such as "violin counter melody", Guitar Fill (improvised on Dorian scale). I think the object is to produce a score from which a reasonably cometent musician could reproduce the performance using the tape and the score. Actually, I have got her to score out the violin part.
    At A level the score must be computer generated.