1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE Component 2

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by lmc537, Mar 3, 2018.

1. lmc537

lmc537 New commenter

I am currently working on the component 2 performance texts for GCSE Drama (2016 new spec) but need help and reassurance as to whether I am approaching the requirements for this component correctly. I know that students must explore 2 extracts from a play and that different texts can be used if there is more than 1 group being entered. My queries are:
    If a student is doing a monologue or duologue do they have to explore the extracts in a group before performing a monologue/duologue for the assessment?
    Can I select more than I performance text?
    Are group sizes (3-6) applicable to performance groups and not necessarily for exploration stages?
    I know this is all a bit convoluted but every time I read the spec I just get more and more confused.
    Just need to know if my monologue/duologue performers needed to have worked in a group to explore the extracts or can their extracts/plays be different and stand alone?
    Hope someone can help ease my brain ache.
    Liam, Belfast HOD

2. lmc537

lmc537 New commenter

I omitted to say in my last post that the examination board referred to was Edexcel but I now think that I have unearthed the solution to my problem.
    L