1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCSE B: Option 2A Transformation of British Society

Discussion in 'History' started by bps5, Aug 9, 2011.

1. bps5

bps5 New commenter

Hi All,
    I will be teaching Edexcel GCSE History B (SHP) next term. The school has decided to change the teaching of Unit 2 from the American West to The Transformation of British Society 1815-50 (mainly due to poor results and student apathy).
    I was wondering whether anyone has any resources/schemes of work/materials/tips for teaching this unit that they would be willing to share. I am not au fait with SHP (having previously taught Modern World) and although there is the option to look at Weimar/Nazi Germany for Unit 2, the HOD is not a fan of this.
    I will also be teaching this unit to a group of mixed ability boys.
    Thanks

2. bps5

bps5 New commenter

Hi All,
    I will be teaching Edexcel GCSE History B (SHP) next term. The school has decided to change the teaching of Unit 2 from the American West to The Transformation of British Society 1815-50 (mainly due to poor results and student apathy).
    I was wondering whether anyone has any resources/schemes of work/materials/tips for teaching this unit that they would be willing to share. I am not au fait with SHP (having previously taught Modern World) and although there is the option to look at Weimar/Nazi Germany for Unit 2, the HOD is not a fan of this.
    I will also be teaching this unit to a group of mixed ability boys.
    Thanks

3. I think transformation of british society is as dry as american west, we teach it - it's not 'my thing' so I just generally use lessons and materials used by other members of staff in the department (I contribute more to nazi germany and medicine!) but I might have the odd bit and bob that's useful if you give me your email address. The course textbooks are pretty good - and they do a lower ability one too!

4. bps5

bps5 New commenter

Thanks, anything that you can spare will be most appreciated. Have sent you a personal message with my e-mail address.

5. Pauntley

Pauntley New commenter

6. bps5

bps5 New commenter

Thanks for the link to the quiz - hadn't spotted that. I've got the SOW from the Edexcel website - I have taken a few ideas from there. Was interested to see what others have done with this Unit.