1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCE unit 3 2011

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Dook, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Sorry if this has already been covered recently (I'm sure it must have been in previous years) but I can't see it below.
    I see that the pre-release material is due to be released this Thursday.
    And I also see that the instructions for conduct still say
    "6.2 Candidates may have access to the scenario at least <font size="3" face="Trebuchet MS,Trebuchet MS">three weeks </font>before the examination window."
    In the past I've given it to pupils 3 weeks before the scheduled exam date, but this year I'd really like to give it to them to look at over the easter holidays. The above wording certainly states that I can do this, but the word "may" implies that they mean "at most" 3 weeks before (i.e. "at the earliest"). Or did they mean "should" rather than "may"? Maybe I should just give it to them anyway as I don't see it makes any ethical difference - it would just mean that they're more likely to get round to looking at it for themselves before I get to spoon feed it to them anyway.

2. Excellent. Thank you Gareth. It would be nice to change the wording in the ICE - or am I the only one that's ever found it misleading?