1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCE Applied in ICT - Unit 10 Multimedia

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by wilkinss, Sep 3, 2011.

1. wilkinss

wilkinss New commenter

Just out of interest how many prototypes do you get your students to complete for unit 10. At present we do four, is that to many?
    Would benefit from knowing what other colleagues do.
    Thanks

2. wilkinss

wilkinss New commenter

Just out of interest how many prototypes do you get your students to complete for unit 10. At present we do four, is that to many?
    Would benefit from knowing what other colleagues do.
    Thanks

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

We do "as many as you need". Sorry if that's not much use to you but each of our students will produce a different number of iterations depending on end-users' needs.

4. wilkinss

wilkinss New commenter

Thanks DEmsley, knowing my cohort of students if I told them that I would only get two maximum!!!!
    I suggest 4 minimum and that's what I get or less!!

5. staxis

staxis New commenter

I ask my students to produce three different prototypes to present to their client.

6. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

We suggest at least 4 detailed designs looking at all aspects of the process. In reality, those at the top end will produce all them to a high enough standard, whilst those lower down might do 2 fairly good ones, but then lose interest in doing the rest as they've got the design they want and can't be bothered anymore to design when they want to build.

7. Do you have any exemplar work you'd be willing to share?

l.oneill@beacon-academy.org