1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel GCE Applied ICT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by dcraggs, Apr 27, 2005.

1. We will be teaching the Edexcel GCE Applied ICT course in September as well, please can you set me up as temporary user of your website and send details to:
    motorsportconvertible@hotmail.com
    Thanks
    Ami S

2. Hi i am also beginning the new Edexcel GCE in September.

Nothing much on their website so i emailed the course leader about unit 1. She says to use word or publisher abd just save it as html. "there is no prescribed format, although a hypertext format is probably ideal".

I am more coincerned about unit 2. The transactional database unit. I have spent all afternoon trying to create a simple stock control system using 3 or 4 tables. Anybody managed to do this yet, if so can you let me have it so i can see how you have put it together.

I have ordered abook from Hodder Murray which is written specifically for this course

Regards
    If anybody wants to share resources/ides for this course, my email packardfamily@tesco.net

Mark

3. To R Ackland

Yet another one who would be very, very grateful for some ideas for the new Edexcel GCE. I am teaching unit 2 and 3 next year.

e mail darrong@fsmail.net

4. R. Ackland. I noticed you were advertising your school website as a place to look at GCE Applied A-Level material for the new Spetember course. I tried the link on your message, but has since gone dead. I'm seeking some ideas/resources for the new Applied ICT course starting in September! Any big ideas anyone? Howard

5. R. Ackland. I noticed you were advertising your school website as a place to look at GCE Applied A-Level material for the new Spetember course. I tried the link on your message, but has since gone dead. I'm seeking some ideas/resources for the new Applied ICT course starting in September! Any big ideas anyone? Howard

My e-mail is, howardgilmour144@hotmail.com

Thanks alot

6. For all who are asking for help with SOW's etc

Ann Weidmann, Qualifications Leader, Edexcel has created a website for this qualification at
    http://www.gce-applied-ict.co.uk/Index.htm

She has been adding regular updates
    It includes resources and SOWs

Trev

7. missbee

missbee New commenter

Trev, do you know if there is one for DiDA by Ann?

8. Hi R. Ackland

I notice that Ann has put an excellent SOW on the Edexcel website for unit 1 but I don't have anything like 60 hours to deliver it!. I'm delivering units 2 and 4 in semester 1 and would be grateful if you could set me up as a temporary user of your website and send details to:

alany101@gmail.com

Thank you

Alan

9. Each unit of the GCE was designed to be delivered in 60 hours. The scheme of work for Unit 1 (and there are others on the way) allocates 45 hours of 'directed' time for teaching and learning and 15 hours for students to produce the coursework. In all likelihood they'll need more time than that. I've assumed that will be homework.

And yes there is a DiDA website too. The URL is www.didaonline.co.uk/didafaqs

Ann

10. missbee

missbee New commenter

Thanks Ann!

11. Hi R. Ackland.

Could you please give me a temporary password to gain access to information and resources for the new Applied ICT GCE course?

Email: steve.regan@dsl.pipex.com
    Steve Regan

12. Does anyone have a SOW for unit 2 edexcel applied GCE they would be prepared to let me look at? Or maybe someone could point me in the direction of a SOW for this course. I cannot find one on the Ann Weideman site mentioned previously.

13. Hi
    If R Ackland or anybody else would be willing to share Schemes of Work for units 2 and 3 of the Applied A Level course that would be very much appreciated.
    E-mail is maxinenelson@gmail.com
    Thanks very much - hope everyone has a good year!
    Maxine

14. Hi R. Ackland.

Just found out i'm teaching unit 2, great!

Could you please give me a temporary password to gain access to information and resources for the new Applied ICT GCE course?

e-mail colin@1lefley.freeserve.co.uk

colin.

15. I would appreciate it if you could email me a temp username and password for the school website I could will be delivering this new course (GCE Applied ICT)
    Many thanks
    Vince English
    stfve@launceston-college.cornwall.sch.uk

16. Hello R. Ackland.

Could you please give me a temporary username and password to gain access to information and resources for the new Applied ICT GCE course?

My e-mail is: nkhan5@lycos.co.uk

Naeem Khan

17. Hi R Ackland
    I would appreciate it if you could email me a temp username and password for your school website I will be delivering this new course (GCE Applied ICT) now!
    Many thanks
    Vince English
    stfve@launceston-college.cornwall.sch.uk

18. Does anyone have a SOW for Applied GCE ICT, I've just found out I will have to teach it next week.