1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

edexcel examinations

Discussion in 'Science' started by jojomo, Jun 20, 2012.

1. 3 things....

- Am i correct in thinking that B3/C3/P3 can only be examined in Summer 2013?

- With terminal exams can we examine core at the end of Y10 then Additional end of Y11? or are core and additional having to be sat together in Summer 2014.

- Depending on the answers to the 2nd could triple scientists sit say biology in Y10 then Chem/physics in Y11

I have heard too many contradictory stories.....

definitely confused.com

2. Edexcelscienceteam

Edexcelscienceteam New commenter

1. First exams for B3/C3/P3 are June 2013.
    2. You can examine Science at the end of Y10 and Additional Science at the end of Y11.
    3. Yes you could in theory do this, but we would advise you think carefully before opting for this route, and consider whether it will affect L3 student progression opportunities in the subject that is finished at the end of Y10.
    Hope that helps,
    Kathryn
    Edexcel science

3. Thanks - and straight from the mouth of the 'experts'

4. I know this is the case for the students currently in Year 10 as we still have the Nov, March & June windows for them.
    I believe Ofqual have not yet agreed that for <u>next years</u> Year 10 Triple students (who can only do June exams) can do Core in Year 10, Additional & Extension in Year 11. I was told on Friday by an Edexcel person that we will know if this can happen in just over 2 weeks time.