1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel Exam Marking

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by catcutts, Feb 11, 2018.

1. catcutts

catcutts New commenter

Hi,

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, I'm a first time poster

I applied to be an Edexcel examiner last year, but didn't get a contract. I have a couple of questions:

First, am I correct in thinking I don't need to reapply for this year?
    Secondly, what time of year are contract usually offered? I'm curious, as I have been keeping myself available for June/July "just in case" and a colleague has mentioned they have already been offered their contract for this summer (but as a team leader, which I presume is recruited first).

Thanks
    Cat

2. davidmu

davidmu Occasional commenter

I am certain that you are on a list of possible examiners. In my previous role as a Team leader I became aware of late appointments as Edexcel employ a huge number of examiners for Mathematics each year. You might make a polite enquiry.

3. Scifihel

Scifihel New commenter

I marked two years ago for Edexcel, couldn't last year.
    I emailed the examiner helpdesk in January to see if they will be offering contracts this year and was told that they will be issuing contracts 'soon'. Not clear what soon means, though. They are advertising for examiners for Maths at the moment, so hopefully there is some joined up thinking....

4. cach9801

cach9801 New commenter

My contract came through on Friday. (C3 maths).

I found that for the first year I examined for Edexcel, I had success when I phoned / emailed them around this time of year and requested a contract. After the first year, they've been pretty quick at giving me a contract (or two) every year.

If you don't hear anything in the next day or so, send a polite email.

5. schminke

schminke New commenter

I received my contract about a fortnight ago. A colleague received hers on the same day.

I'd just send them an email - they've always been very helpful when I've had queries.