1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel English- query from a MFL colleague please

Discussion in 'English' started by laurs12, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Hi,
    She has done GCSE English, unit 2 exam. She won't have an overall grade yet, as she has only completed 2 of the 3 units required for certification.
    She can be re-entered for the CA. but her teacher may decide not to enter depending on what the CA unit was. I would presume she has done unit 1 (talent tv or school dinners - I think - as a topic) and she is now working on unit 3 - poetry, creative writing and sp and listening.
    If this is the case, I probably wouldn't re-enter her for unit 1, as it is only worth 20% of the overall grade. She should focus on ensuring she knows her poetry, can't advise more as I don't know which selection of poetry she is studying, and ensuring that she gets really good sp and listening marks as this can make all the difference.
    Hope this is of some help to you.
    [​IMG]

2. slick

slick New commenter

Mmm... interesting. She took the exam in January and sicne then she informs me she has not been doing anything towards English... catching up on Catering coursework and Music coursework!
    May need to call school next week and ask what I can do at home to support her further.
    Thanks for response.

3. 2knackered

2knackered New commenter

72 was the bottom mark for a grade C.