1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel English forum and Subject Advisor

Discussion in 'English' started by Lionel_Bolton, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Hello
    <font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2">Edexcel have a new online English forum and a new English Subject Advisor. The forum can be found at www.edexcel.com/communities and aims to help support you in the teaching of Edexcel English qualifications. If you have a query regarding current Edexcel English specifications or the 2010 Edexcel GCSE specifications I can be emailed at englishsubjectadvisor@edexcelexperts.co.uk . I look forward to hearing from you.</font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2"> With best wishes
    Lionel Bolton, English Subject Advisor
    </font>

2. Hello
    <font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2">Edexcel have a new online English forum and a new English Subject Advisor. The forum can be found at www.edexcel.com/communities and aims to help support you in the teaching of Edexcel English qualifications. If you have a query regarding current Edexcel English specifications or the 2010 Edexcel GCSE specifications I can be emailed at englishsubjectadvisor@edexcelexperts.co.uk . I look forward to hearing from you.</font><font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2"> With best wishes
    Lionel Bolton, English Subject Advisor
    </font>

3. Apparently the only way to get an A* is to: "right quickly and to just do point quote explain as many times as poss". Even the spec says 5. Where is the analysis and the perceptive evaluation in this, as stated in your band 5 spec. It seems clear that edexcel suits bottom sets but is unable to see the flair, originality and interpretation of intelligent students. It is also clear that in the English exempliar material that a student can get an A with spelling mistake, no capital letters, no varied punctuation, no adventurous vocab or sentence structure but simply by writing "Hello Peers" and ending with "see you soon" and this, the examiner said, met the criteria of purpose and so the rest didn't matter. You may feel that the above is a fairy tale but unfortunately it was a reality for our students - articulate language and intelligent ideas simple isn't good enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!