1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

edexcel controlled assessment

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by moocow82, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hi

We did this earlier in the year and it is marked and ready to go, however several students have done less well than expected, does anyone know wether we can redo it with a different task from this years set?

Thanks

2. Hi

We did this earlier in the year and it is marked and ready to go, however several students have done less well than expected, does anyone know wether we can redo it with a different task from this years set?

Thanks

3. Hi
    Yes, your students can do a different task. The rules don't allow students to re-submit work which has been returned to them with your feedback. They have to do one of the other four tasks and start from scratch and they must be formally supervised under the same conditions as their first attempt.
    Regards
    Colin Leith - Edexcel

4. I am absolutely gobsmacked!

Is this the real Colin Leith, or an impostor?

I asked exactly the same question on the Edexcel website, and was told No, in no uncertain terms. Just like in an exam, he said, they would not be able to have two goes at it.

So, have the rules changed, or is this a set-up, or what?

5. I attended the Edexcel training day and was specifically told that if students have attempted a question from one of the papers they are unable to resit any other question from that paper. The only resit that can take place is if it is from a different paper e.g. students could do it in yr10 before May and then could attempt the new paper after released in the summer with a new set of tasks.
    This is very confusing - I have a number of students who could really do with resitting a new task from the current paper. Advice would be great.

6. The JCQ rules in Paragraph 17.1 of the JCQ Instructions for Conducting Controlled Assessments
    Colin Leith