1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel C1 paper 18th May 2011

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Betamale, May 19, 2011.

1. Any thoughts on the paper from yesterday for those who have seen it? Kids general reactions?
    Thanks

2. AQA Core 1 33/75 marks were GCSE level IMO

Core 2 was testing tho

3. pwc9000

pwc9000 New commenter

General reaction to the Edexcel C1 yesterday was pretty positive from the weakest and the strongest but perhaps a little less so from the middle. To be honest it was pretty straight forward. But the reactions I think reflect that the first half of the paper really was very easy but there were a few little twists in the later questions. The arithmetic series question was very unpopular.

4. Indeed that was the only slightly 'abstract' part but much was spoon fed
    Agree in terms of Edexcel.
    The paper was a GCSE higher paper from 10-15 years ago in the main and had 4 (four) "show that" questions on the most basic skills.
    The graph transformations all needed only one basic transformation.
    There were no questions to test pupils and the last one was a simple case of finding a tangent and then the other point that had the same gradient........only to have to find JUST the x coordinate.
    The paper will favour the mid range pupils IMO. I hope C2 is a little more challenging or I will start using GCSE books to teach from.