1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel BTEC level 3 unit 20 managing physical resources

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by RMatthewdavies, Jan 5, 2012.

1. I'm currently an NQT and have just been asked to write a BTEC assignment for this unit. Does anyone have any resources for it as there is nothing in the book and I'm not too confident on the topic.
    I would appreciate any help

Cheers

Richard

2. I'm currently an NQT and have just been asked to write a BTEC assignment for this unit. Does anyone have any resources for it as there is nothing in the book and I'm not too confident on the topic.
    I would appreciate any help

Cheers

Richard

3. There's one on www.vocbus.org.uk - it's under old specs unit 20. I think it has changed a little so you would need to check the criteria on the assignment against the criteria on the spec.
    I last taught this a couple of years ago. I found most of the information on the internet and focused on improving energy for the distinction tasks.
    Our college resources manager gave an interview about 'the role of the resources manager' and we asked him questions about what his job entailed, what he was responsible for etc.
    I got students to base the assignments on either their part time job, a family business that they had access to or if they had nothing else, the college.
    I found a pro forma from the internet (there's lots) for the risk assessment. We walked round the college pointing out health and safety risks as a practice run.
    There are also some 'help sheets' here. The links may be broken and it was written for the old spec so again check if it has changed if you use it - it should adapt quite easily. Hope this helps. http://www.steamingcustard.co.uk/Unit20home.htm