1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EdExcel AS "Home" Poetry (Motion)

Discussion in 'English' started by lighthouse_keeper, Aug 6, 2011.

1. lighthouse_keeper

lighthouse_keeper New commenter

Can anyone recommend support resources for teaching the "Home" poetry in the Motion anthology for EdExcel AS? I'm new to teaching it...any recommendations gratefully received, thanks!

2. lighthouse_keeper

Can anyone recommend support resources for teaching the "Home" poetry in the Motion anthology for EdExcel AS? I'm new to teaching it...any recommendations gratefully received, thanks!

3. If you ask at edusites they can sort out something for you - they're very good and helpful.

BTW - where is the anthology on the website? I tried to look and see if I had anything relevent to help but couldn't find it.

4. hello again,
    i've got loads of generic stuff on the AS poetry ... and a little bit on the home section we now do the land/rattle bag section BUT i do have several bits and pieces that relate to the oxford home anthology which, although the poems are different to the ones chosen from the motion anthology, focusses on the same themes and questions as the 'home' section in the anthology you use (why oh why have edexcel used so many different anthologies?!!! it makes it very difficult/confusing ... just like this message - i haven't had to write anything in full sentences for several weeks !!)
    i've also got lots of generic stuff for the AS poetry which you may find useful ... i've got masses of material for AS and A2 edexcel - give me an email address to send it to - or, if you like, pm me and i'll copy EVERYTHING i've got onto a disc and send it ALL to you (there are several hundred files all together so i can't send it all to you by email).
    and i've got loads on all the other edexcel units too so if you need anything let me know

5. oh, and edexcel/pearson have published a text book to support the AS course along with a cd/dvd with resources on it .... have you got this??? it's useful in parts ...

6. lighthouse_keeper

Sunshine1823 you come to my rescue once
    again! [​IMG] Thank you! I'll PM you with my address if that's ok, the disc with
    resources would be brilliant. I'm quite nervous about teaching this stuff for
    the first time so any help is so much appreciated. Hope you're enjoying your holiday!