1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel Applied ICT Pre-release & Ofsted

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Johners74, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Ofsted in tomorrow. Also the last time I will see a Y12 class before the Christmas holidays.
    I was planning to give them the pre-release materials for Unit 3, the only concern is that the ICE Document is not extremely clear about how much help we should give them. On the one hand I don't want to leave them floundering with it, on the other hand I don't want to be accused of giving too much help!
    Any ideas on this would be appreciated!

2. Ofsted in tomorrow. Also the last time I will see a Y12 class before the Christmas holidays.
    I was planning to give them the pre-release materials for Unit 3, the only concern is that the ICE Document is not extremely clear about how much help we should give them. On the one hand I don't want to leave them floundering with it, on the other hand I don't want to be accused of giving too much help!
    Any ideas on this would be appreciated!

3. Peer assessment and peer support. You give them the inspiration and the opportunities and they give each other the concrete ideas. Takes a but of subtle planning, but that (for me) is the way forward.

4. Thanks for that - much appreciated. It was kind of what I was thinking of knowing how Ofsted love peer assessment so much.

5. Absolutely agree. Then shovel them the correct way of teaching them without the hoop jumping of Ofsted through e-mail via a nice little video. ;)