1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel A2 History coursework

Discussion in 'History' started by jorb, Oct 2, 2011.

1. jorb

jorb New commenter

HELP!!!
    I am about to start supervising A2 History coursework for the first time, looking at USA racial discrimination from 1877. I've looked on Edexcel website for exemplar material but didn't find it especially useful. Does anyone have examples of reasonable/good coursework that I might have a look at to get me started? Even a few opening sections would be useful!

2. jorb

jorb New commenter

HELP!!!
    I am about to start supervising A2 History coursework for the first time, looking at USA racial discrimination from 1877. I've looked on Edexcel website for exemplar material but didn't find it especially useful. Does anyone have examples of reasonable/good coursework that I might have a look at to get me started? Even a few opening sections would be useful!

3. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

There are some exemplar materials in the 'Getting Started' one of the big fat books that they give you as a guide to the whole GCE course - they're unlikely to be on your topic but they give you a fairly good idea of the general standard, structuring, use of themes/turning-points, level of discussion and so on.
    Tbh I found that the best thing was to write them myself (I also supervise an Edexcel A2 coursework topic that isn't covered by the examplar materials) as it familiarised me with the material and the way that they expect the whole thing to be structured. I can send those to you if you like (pm me with an email address) but they won't be on the same topic.
    I can try to help as much as I can, (within the scope of my limited knowledge of USA Racial Discrimination From 1877), I know that it's scary. Is it part a) or part b) that's bothering you?

4. Hi,

Would it be possible to email me the exemplar work on Unit 4 history Coursework as I am somewhat stuck with marking for the students. In the past, we have been marked down by moderators so any help in terms of looking at the exemplar material would be helpful. The topic we are covering is Russia but any material will be helpful. My email address is hmjones1980@hotmail.co.uk. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks.

5. rararasputin

rararasputin Occasional commenter

Hi
    If you go to the 'Examiners' Reports' section of the Edexcel website (go to GCE History first) and click on the one for Unit 4 June 2011 you'll see lots of useful advice and exemplar answers with comments. Fortunately, I discovered this before my students started their second piece and there was a 25/25 answer on the topic we do! You'll need an edexcel password to access it though - if you don't already have one, you can get one from your exams officer.

Hope this helps.