1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel A Level - Section C Shakespeare Play

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by janeyfoster, Oct 3, 2016.

1. janeyfoster

janeyfoster New commenter

Hello there,

I'm trying to find a Shakespeare play suitable for Section C of the A level written examination. As we are based near London I've never struggled to find a good contemporary interpretation of a Shakespeare play but this year I'm drawing a blank!

Is there anyone out there who has found something suitable? I know about the RSC's King Lear with Simon Russell Beale but Stratford-upon-Avon is not really feasible for us.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

J

2. JTL

JTL Occasional commenter

I am not a drama teacher, I am aware your post was a couple of months ago and I have no idea of exactly what you are looking for, but did you get to see A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Globe which ran from April to September? Directed by Emma Rice, new director of the Globe who caused controversy about her use of a modern sound system and lighting techniques.

It was streamed live in September and is available on iPlayer for 6 months. Fantastic show, in my opinion.