1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel A Level Performing Arts - Eeeeek!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Elphaba, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Elphaba

Elphaba New commenter

We are starting the above course in September and I'm currently trying to write the long term plans. Any help or advice would be greatly received. I don't know how people manage: the specification is vague, the commission isn't published until September (which isn't very helpful) and there is very little help/resources on the Edexcel website.
    How do others approach this course?
    Massive thank you to Mad Dog for your input so far.

2. Elphaba

Elphaba New commenter

We are starting the above course in September and I'm currently trying to write the long term plans. Any help or advice would be greatly received. I don't know how people manage: the specification is vague, the commission isn't published until September (which isn't very helpful) and there is very little help/resources on the Edexcel website.
    How do others approach this course?
    Massive thank you to Mad Dog for your input so far.

3. sent you an email!

4. Is this the Voctional GCE?
    If so, we teach this, and can help you here.
    Do you have anything specific, or can you send me your email and I can send our medium term plans?
    Let me know.

5. My advice to you would be to avoid doing this course at all costs. There is no logic in the moderation process at all, and a randomness in the awards which bear no relation to the work done by individual students. . Our centre has just been handed the most truly absurd set of results imaginable. We will now have to begin the costly process of appeal.
    The specification is vague and indeed (judging by the A/S outcomes we've just had) hopelessly misleading. Your gut instinct about it in this respect is right. For us, the Unit 3 has been a farce - candidates written work has been almost completely disregarded.
    There are many posts of disaffected teachers on TES forum, so you can judge for yourself.
    If you can do something else, you really should. AQA Drama and Theatre Studies perhaps? Or what about the extended projects.
    This course really is a nightmare. We shall be ditching it completely as soon as we can.