1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel A-Level Past Paper Packs

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by pencho, Apr 24, 2011.

1. pencho

pencho New commenter

I think most schools simply print off the past papers themselves and then put them together as a booklet. Not sure if anyone groups them together like this in PDF format. I may be wrong.

2. all the papers I have are in exam format - i.e. with blank pages and 24 pages long, so I need versions that are just questions only

3. The emporium has such 'condensed' papers that would fit the needs.
    It would mean you downloading each one at a time (if that is not too taxing)
    Mathsnet.net will allow you to make all the past questions in one pdf for ll edexcel exams although that costs £10 a year to subscribe to for 3 units (assuming you want to allocate funds to this)
    If you are still stuck after this I will happily cut each past paper up for you, stick them altogether, pdf them and send them back (even with a watermark if you like)

4. one of my summer time jobs, once the yr13s have left is to print off, cut up and stick the ;latest exam papers together.
    It was a pain doing it the first time but as an updating job it doesn't take too long, and you get a good idea of how the questions change over the year.

To save the planet I also put some links on the VLE for any pupil who loses their set. Or I am happy to take a donation to the maths beer fund!

5. Will try the emporium and sort it out myself, but if anyone out there has already gone through this and can save me some time, it would be much appreciated. Not sure what I can offer in return - some interactive maths jeopardy games that I wrote?

6. Maths_Mike

Maths_Mike New commenter

No it is not legal - these papers are provided free under license that does not permit then being used commercially

7. Maths_Mike

Maths_Mike New commenter

Save yourself even more time and simply ask one of your admin staff to do it - this is not a job that requires a mathematics degree with QTS.

8. I laughed when I read this. I think they would tell me to get stuffed.

9. Manufacture detentions to provide you with a free workforce

10. Yes, I was going to ask if someone could enlighten me as to what 'admin staff' are, we certainly don't get any departmental help at my school.

11. Maths_Mike

Maths_Mike New commenter

Neither do we and its about time we did.
    Why do the Science department need 2 technicians?
    The head needs a PA AND a human resources manger and a 2 Fianicial people and someone who does all the timetabling and several receptionists / general admin people to help here run the school but we cant even get a bit of admin time to help prepare resources?

12. It's an extremely fair point Mike. I also find that I'm a bit of an unpaid ICT fixer too. So much teacher time gets wasted with things that really don't need a teacher to do them, it can't be cost effective in the long run.

13. Maths_Mike

Maths_Mike New commenter