1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel A Level History Textbooks

Discussion in 'History' started by Mara1821, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Mara1821

Mara1821 New commenter

Hi,

I'm currently teaching the new Edexcel A Level - Route H. I've been using the Pearson textbook for this but last week decided to purchase the Hodder textbook to develop my resources for next year.

However, this has gotten me very worried. I was roughly basing the level of detail I went into on the Pearson textbook and resources provided on the Edexcel website. However, the Hodder textbook is much more detail. For example it goes into detail about each consensus Prime Minister and their premiership.

I am hoping this is just for additional reading/depth purposes and students won't actually get a question where they are required to have an in-depth knowledge of each consensus Prime Minister.
    How have other teachers taught this and which textbook are you using?

2. sophiek101

sophiek101 New commenter

Hiya, I teach this and have both books, the Hodder book is very light in other areas where the Pearson book goes in to detail so I have used a combination of both, but I have realised I do not need as much depth and don't have the time to teach it in depth, I don't think the textbooks are that great tbh. If you are not a member already we have a facebook group that was originally for route H, but now edexcel A Level in general. Messge me for link!