1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Edexcel A level drama Unit 2 monologue plays made up of Monologues issue

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by mikey_g_2000, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hi again all,

Hoping for a little clarification - my students are finalising monologue choices. I have scoured the ICE material again this year and would just like clarificiation. If the monologue chosen is from a play made up of monologues, eg Eight by Ella Hickson, is it still a solid option? ICE states about at least 2 characters within the play, but I am just checking that the characters don't have to be written in dialogue with each other. I know for the monologue favourites like Road etc that characters that do monologues have a tendency to just appear for their monologues and aren't seen in the rest of the play and this has been fine in the past, so just wanting to make sure!!

Cheers,
    Mike

2. Hi again all,

Hoping for a little clarification - my students are finalising monologue choices. I have scoured the ICE material again this year and would just like clarificiation. If the monologue chosen is from a play made up of monologues, eg Eight by Ella Hickson, is it still a solid option? ICE states about at least 2 characters within the play, but I am just checking that the characters don't have to be written in dialogue with each other. I know for the monologue favourites like Road etc that characters that do monologues have a tendency to just appear for their monologues and aren't seen in the rest of the play and this has been fine in the past, so just wanting to make sure!!

Cheers,
    Mike

3. As long as they've read the whole play and can comment on Hickson's overall aims and how they have brought them out in performance, you should be fine. i think they are wary of soliloquy narratives like Alan Bennett - we did Pool No Water as a monologue and the student did brilliantly - no complaints.