1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Eddie Mair - am I the only one with a secret crush!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by stonerose, Jun 27, 2015.

1. stonerose

stonerose Occasional commenter

Now, addicted to PM @ 5 on Radio 4 to listen to 'that' voice and sense of humour. Beginning to wonder if I ought to consider intervention or therapy.

Am I alone?

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

He is so fond of himself I think he can do without my affection. He does have his moments as a presenter and interviewer but in general he's not a favourite of mine. Evan Davies is my hero.

3. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Eddie for me.

4. stonerose

Guess it's just grumpydogwoman and moi, in this little group! :)

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Ah it's a rare day that gdw agrees with me [​IMG]

6. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

No, you can add me to it.

PM is a programme I always enjoyed listening to on my travels around the country. It tackles current affairs from an angle that's rarely possible in the sound bite news media that TV offers. Eddie has the ability to appear incredulous that the ordinary person should need to suffer the indignity of life under the government regimes he or she voted for, once the election rhetoric is over.

Having dealt with the daily witterings of the political class, there's always time for a matter or two which covers how Joe Public manages to make the most of life, despite what the economy and so on throws at him.

Radio most of the time for me, these days. I prefer to hear what people have to say rather than what they look like.

7. stonerose

Thanks D! You put my thoughts into the sort of words that I wanted to use, but can't.

S.

8. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Yes, DoY, that's exactly it. You nailed it.

9. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

When we came back to England after 5 yrs without Radio 4, I nearly cried listening to Eddie. You don't appreciate quality until you've been without it! 5 yrs later I still love Eddie.