1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EDAPT.... Any happy custormers?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by slingshotsally, Feb 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Hi all,

I am really interested to know-

1. Has anyone used Edapt and were you happy with their service?

2. Has anyone survived capability?

SSS

2. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

I have supported several teachers who have been members of EDAPT. I have been very impressed withe the quality of support they have received.

3. slingshotsally

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you know anyone at all who has survived formal capability?

SSS

4. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Yes, I do.

5. slingshotsally

Thanks GLsghost,

I need to stay positive.

SSS

6. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Unfortunately it is a numbers game.

The number that matters is the % of people who survive formal capability. It seems very difficult to get that figure as some people will save themselves stress and bale immediately etc, some people many end up resiging and formal capability doesn't appear as a reason etc.. I suspect from a large amount of anecdotal evidence, that the number is extremely small indeed.

I haven't heard of anyone surviving formal capability. I have heard of a very many who have not or who have jumped before the inevitable.

7. knitone

knitone Lead commenter

I switched to edapt after reading about it on another thread (thank you @DaisysLot :))
    I have contacted them once over a change of school policy. I emailed after office hours and received a reply from a operator who did not have legal training, but said someone would be in touch the following day. And they were! I have also received follow-up emails asking if I need further advice/help.
    I definitely recommend them.:)

8. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

That's really good to hear Knitone :)

I do hope as their membership swells they can retain their attention to service… but then EDAPT have been established for a few years now and seem to have grown steadily retaining their moral promises to service and care so far :) I am still very happy to highly recommend them, not least in todays educational climate.