1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

eco activities/ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by amy9999, May 31, 2011.

1. I am trying to raise awareness in the school on eco related issues.....however I am having a thinking blank... I need some ideas of fun activities/games children can play to raise awareness but also to have fun. Ideas for a game for children/adults to play on a stall at the school fete which my eco council will be running would be fantastic!
    Thank you in advance!

2. Pond dipping
    Bug hunt
    River walk
    Eco quiz/millionaire
    Junk modelling
    Recycled fashion show

3. Although not a teacher myself but a parent governor, I help run the schools Eco club.
    Here's some ideas that I have used.
    Recycling Clothes. Remodeling the same. Jeans can be made into bags for example.

There are plenty of websites that will show you may ideas for the re-use of plastic bags too. These crafts could then be sold at the school fete.

For younger kids, they can junk model junk monsters.

You could even turn it into a business running lesson.

Hope you have fun while doing this.

4. comenius

comenius New commenter

5. Definitely recommend this. I've used it to start my eco club. Also the ecoschools website which has details of the awards you can get. Completing the 'pod' activities helps you work towards the awards.

There's 'Switch off fortnight' coming up in November and you can register (via the pod site) to take part in this and they should send you an activity pack, though I'm still waiting for mine.