1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ECAR: NQT's?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlelebowski, Nov 24, 2010.

1. littlelebowski

littlelebowski New commenter

I'm an NQT on supply and I have been offered 10 weeks delivering the Every Child a Writer programme in a school - first meeting next week. I was in a different school today and they said that NQT's are not allowed to deliver this. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm very keen to do it.

2. littlelebowski

Oops! I meant ECaW! (Not ECaR). Been a long day..

3. I'd go over and ask on the NQT forum. I don't think it is a case of can you or can't you deliver the programme, but you won't be able to use that time as part of your induction period (I don't think).
    Ask James on NQT, he or someone else may be able to give you a definitive answer.
    JSY x

4. littlelebowski

Thanks. Good tip.

5. I'm a lead teacher for ECaW. In the information given to me it states that:
    -the LT delivering the ECaW program is someone with a proven track record of excellent practice

The role of the LT is to:
    -support teacher knowledge in writing
    -demonstrate effective practice in assessment, planning and teaching
    -build teacher confidence and capacity within the school to improve writing

This is my first year of doing it and I have found it quite challenging but very interesting and a real test of my people management skills.

I know that in my LA an NQT would not be asked to deliver this program. But I guess only you know if you have the skills to enable you to do this role effectively