1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ebd school interview!

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by sianybee, Feb 4, 2008.

1. hello to all,
    well my time has come to get an interview yipee! altho i am scared whitless. as far as i know i am the only person being interviewed for the post....any suggestions to questions....and answers? or any buzz words, sentences i should use? help much appreciated xx

2. hello to all,
    well my time has come to get an interview yipee! altho i am scared whitless. as far as i know i am the only person being interviewed for the post....any suggestions to questions....and answers? or any buzz words, sentences i should use? help much appreciated xx

3. kaitaz

kaitaz New commenter

Find out all you can about the school. Check out their latest Ofsted report esp. for the improvement sections. See where you could offer some ideas for their school improvement plan based on what it says. Teaching and leqarning are the big buzz words - how will you ensure the children progress? Positive behaviour management is always good - what would you do if... scenarios are likely to be bunged in.

What type of person would be best for the job... patience, firm, fair and consistent boundaries, sense of humour, ability to think on your feet and change the lesson at the drop of a hat of it isn't working. Stimulating environment.

Email me and I'll send you a leaflet I wrote for mainstream NQTs based on my experiences of working in an EBD school. Also my CV that lays out what I can offer EBD environments

kaitaz30@hotmail.com

Good luck - you'll love the job I guarantee.

4. If you're the only candidate they might be scared witless :)

Be yourself, is the only thing I'd add to Kaitaz. See if you can get to talk to some of the children, see what happens when the HT isn't showing people around.

5. Hi sianybee - during my ebd interview I was taken around the school and taken into some of the classes to see how comfortable i would be around sen kids - they may not do this but just in case they do ask the kids lots of questions, dont be scared and try and make them laugh!! The headteacher thought it was great I could interact with the kids!!