1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ebay photo loading

Discussion in 'Personal' started by angiebabe, Nov 27, 2011.

1. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I have been trying to load a photo all day to ebay but it is just not happening! Any advice?

2. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Is the file too big? What size is it?

3. It's too big? Make it smaller and retry :)

4. Make sure the size is in KBs instead of MBs...

5. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I've checked the properties and it says 2.89MB and on ebay says file size limit is 7MB.

6. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

2.89Mb is a big file. It will fill your monitor screen several times over with a high resolution picture.
    Depending on your connection it may be timing out before it uploads. Shrink it down, I can't see why you need more than 200Kb for an ebay picture and probably a lot less than that even.

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I've had the same trouble, and all my pics are resized to only 1000 pixels along the widest side which makes most of them less than 100K. Bear in mind it's a free listing weekend and we're approaching Christmas. I've had more success with Internet Explorer than I did with Google Chrome but that may just be coincidence.

8. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I don't know how to shrink it down??????????