1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ebay Listing help please!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Oh, here we go again! I am selling something for a lady in work and have already mentioned that there is slight damage to the item. It has a couple of bids on it. When I had another look at it today i saw another very slight bit of damage. I have tried to edit what I have said and I can't work out what to do!! I have mentioned the damage (a missing crystal) on the original description but I just need to point out that there is another tiny crystal missing. Please can anyone help?
    Thanks ever so much,
    Gorgy

2. Oh, here we go again! I am selling something for a lady in work and have already mentioned that there is slight damage to the item. It has a couple of bids on it. When I had another look at it today i saw another very slight bit of damage. I have tried to edit what I have said and I can't work out what to do!! I have mentioned the damage (a missing crystal) on the original description but I just need to point out that there is another tiny crystal missing. Please can anyone help?
    Thanks ever so much,
    Gorgy

3. Can't you just go to 'Edit listing'? Not sold anything on ebay for a while though, so maybe it's changed. I used to revise my listings all the time.

4. I know, CK< I have done it in the past. I am on the edit listing bit and cannot change the description. Am wondering if I could ask myself a question - "Is that the only damage?" "No! There is another tiny crystal missing!" ??

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

You have the option of amending the listing, even after bids have been placed. Just visit it after logging in to your eBay account and click the 'amend listing' link.

It will appear as a footnote below the original listing - just make sure you draw attention to it with bold, capitals, colour etc.. To the best of my knowledge you can't alter the title or main body text of the listing once the auction has started.

You might consider contacting the current highest bidder direct to let them know about the amendment, although it's possible that eBay do this automatically.

6. Found that MSB, many thanks to you both. i have added a footnote, it shows the date and time. It has two bidders and I do think it will go for a bit more. I will try to send a note. As I am doing this for a favour for someone else I really don't want to get -ive feedback for it!!
    Thanks again