1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

eBay buyers - double check your primary delivery address

Discussion in 'Personal' started by magic surf bus, Oct 4, 2018.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

A quick heads up for eBay buyers. If you have more than one delivery address for your account (eg you buy stuff for a relative and have it sent direct to them), you should log into your account and double check that your primary (ie default) delivery address is as it should be.

Due to a software glitch, which eBay support have just confirmed to me, a relative's address was promoted to my primary delivery address and an item I ordered yesterday is now winging it's way to their address a hundred miles from home, and the name on the parcel is theirs, not mine.

Not much bother in my case, but if you don't want something odd being posted to your Nan you might do well to log into your account and check it's OK. If you find you've got two primary addresses listed instead of one and can't delete either, edit the second one so it's a duplicate of the one you want, save the changes, then you should be given the option of deleting one of them.

Also - if you're an eBay seller and you start getting inexplicable non-delivery cases being opened against you, ask the buyer to confirm their primary delivery address is correct, and if it's not right, both of you get onto eBay and complain like Hell.

2. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Ta muchly. Just logged into my account, and the addresses are as they should be.

3. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Actually the tcs in eBay state that the item should be sent to your Paypal registered or opted address, not to your eBay one.

4. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I have multiple addresses on ebay and even more on amazon.
    I think the paypal thing is when you first buy from them, to guarantee you're who you say you are - amazon do the same iirc. But once you're a trusted customer you can have tings sent anywhere the seller is prepared to post to.