1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EBAC

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by amellor007, Jun 29, 2015.

1. I am really concerned about when I will do my interventions for next years year 7. Traditionally we have used French lessons but with all year 7 needing to do the EBAC this is now not an option. Does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I would hate you to think that I support the' one size fits all ' curriculum ! but in answer to your query, how about tutor period / before school / during PSHCE ( or equivalent ). I think that you may need to be creative in your approach. Those who say absence from French is no longer an option are they suggesting alternatives ? How about non Ebac subjects ? Your support is only as good as the curriculum on offer .

3. We withdraw pupils from different lessons each half term but not Maths or English. We have support from SLT for this as our data shows that our in-house interventions help pupils make accelerated progress in reading. Once pupils are reading around 9 years they move to less intensive interventions which we run in registration times.