1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Eating your Hat

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by modelmaker, Jan 19, 2011.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Grunwald has promised to eat his hat if someone can prove certain conditions exist within the bible. I doubt he will ever be proven wrong but it would be amusing to consider a suitable recipe for him. Any ideas?

2. modelmaker

Grunwald has promised to eat his hat if someone can prove certain conditions exist within the bible. I doubt he will ever be proven wrong but it would be amusing to consider a suitable recipe for him. Any ideas?

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

All I can offer is Biblical Marmalade. We travelled the road to Damascus where we picked 'Seville' Oranges and then to Sidon where we got lemons.

4. I'm a little confused...much as I would like to help here, what conditions are we talking about?

5. Leave the biblical stuff to the others on the other topic, Bethannie.
    A hat? What sort of hat? If it's made of animal skin you just might be able to do something with it. If it's an akubra the game's over, they're made of rabbit fur (not skin). Is it possible to make something edible (forget eatable) out of cotton or wool or other fibres?
    I suppose you could make up a kind of protein rich soup from natural fibres of some sort, cook it slowly for a million hours, whiz it through the blender and offer a spoon.

6. modelmaker

It's irrelevant Beth. There is a thread on Opinion about some B&B owners who refused to allow a gay couple share a double room because it went against their Christian principles regarding homosexuality and were taken to court over discrimination. At some stage grunwald said "If anyone can show me where in the bible it says...... I'll eat my hat!"
    So I am asking for a recipe for this. Grunwald is Scottish, so battered, deep-fried Tam O'Shanter with neeps and tatties is a possibility but a weak one.

7. modelmaker

He says it will have to be a long spoon to sup with the Devil.

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

9. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

What about a pork-pie hat made from a giant pork pie? Could be interesting to watch him try to wear it for while...