1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Eating out in London

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by bombaysapphire, Aug 28, 2016.

1. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Having managed to find some home-based accommodation for the doggies we have booked a trip to London in half term. We are going to try Air bnb. The plan is to use it in America next Easter so a practice run more locally seemed like a plan.

We love to eat out and when we are in London like to try something a bit different - last time we went to Lima for Peruvian food. Does anyone have any suggestions of restaurants that we could try?

2. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

I'm sorry bs - can't help you at all other than to suggest Ev? It's the only place I've been to in years!

bombaysapphire likes this.
  3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

there's a small italian place opposite the Ottolenghi place on Artillery Lane in Spitalfields. Really not far from Liverpool Street. It was amazing... can't remember what it was called, but that's where it was! lovely food, can't remember there being a pizza in sight.
    How about the Oxo Tower Bistro? Or the top floor restaurant at the National Portrait Gallery? Both have great views.

emerald52 likes this.
  4. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Depends on where you are and budget. Orsini's Italian cafe opposite the V and A is a favourite of mine.