1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Eating Disorders Assessment - what to expect?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Sparkles2010, May 1, 2011.

1. I am having an assessment this week at the Eating Disorders clinic. I am really scared and worried as to what to expect from the assessment. I just wondered if anyone has been through this. I don't have anorexia or bulimia so I expect I will be placed in the EDNOS category but I do have some signs of anorexia and bulimia (although not the being sick part) and my periods stopped in January. I am 'just' underweight now and want to get help so I can get some of my life back. Therefore, I pushed my GP into referring me before it gets any worse.

2. I am having an assessment this week at the Eating Disorders clinic. I am really scared and worried as to what to expect from the assessment. I just wondered if anyone has been through this. I don't have anorexia or bulimia so I expect I will be placed in the EDNOS category but I do have some signs of anorexia and bulimia (although not the being sick part) and my periods stopped in January. I am 'just' underweight now and want to get help so I can get some of my life back. Therefore, I pushed my GP into referring me before it gets any worse.

3. ((((((SParkles))))))))
    I haven't been refered to a ED Clinic as I don't live in the UK but my Dr told me htat I had an EDNOS because I don't like to eat, often don't eat in a day or just little picky things and I am obsessive about weighing myself in the mornings and get very upset if I have put on even a little.
    I keep an eating diary which records everything that I eat and daily weight.
    Sorry that this is not much help but wanted you to know that you are not alone in EDNOS and I'll be thinking of you. I hope that if goes well and you get the help you need.

RG xxxxx