1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easy recycling idea

Discussion in 'Primary' started by butterfly16, Mar 3, 2011.

1. I've got a recycling after school club and desperately need some ideas. So far we've made bird feeders, discussed recycling in school and sorted recycled materials. Please help!

2. I've got a recycling after school club and desperately need some ideas. So far we've made bird feeders, discussed recycling in school and sorted recycled materials. Please help!

3. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Are you an eco school? If not, maybe you could work towards that with your main focus on recycling? Some of the girls at my school set up a book exchange scheme where you bring a book that you've finished with and swap it for another one. Make sure parents are aware of this though or you could get some storming in demanding books back!

4. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

How about making paper?

Maybe you could call yourselves eco club and expand your options a bit.
    Do a litter pick?

Make a recycling board game from junk materials.

5. porker

porker New commenter

Junk modelling, art projects (look at bottle top art in resources), paper mache, make a scarecrow...
    The generation green website (British Gas) has lots of eco ideas.

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

7. I think a way of recycling paper in the classroom would be good, I can't believe the amount of paper that moves through a school. I like the idea of mushing up scrap paper to make new recycled paper but its too messy and complex to do easily in the classroom. Unless anyone has a good way of doing it?

8. tonymillar

tonymillar New commenter

The Teachshare website has a section called Eco Art & Innovative Recycling and has a massive photo collection showing all sorts of things made from recycled materials - from inner tube belts to temples made from a million glass bottles. You will not fail to be inspired. The site also has a recycling section with classroom activities and ideas.
    To get free access the website go to www.teachshare.org.uk and use activation code tesr11. All you need to decorate a green school