1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easy fundraising ideas please...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by daffodilval, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Help, I run the school council and have been asked to ask the kids for ideas to raise funds but most of them are totally a no no..I want them to come up with something thats easy to organise and not a lot of inconvience for their parents...we have done non uniform days in the past but they are getting bored witht that..any ideas? Pretty pretty please? Thanks.

2. Help, I run the school council and have been asked to ask the kids for ideas to raise funds but most of them are totally a no no..I want them to come up with something thats easy to organise and not a lot of inconvience for their parents...we have done non uniform days in the past but they are getting bored witht that..any ideas? Pretty pretty please? Thanks.

3. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Bag packing in local supermarket.
    Bags 2 school

4. Have a look at the PTA -UK website - full of fundraising ideas and links www.ptalocal.co.uk - go to the fundraising section - loads to pick from.
    A few easy recycling ones:
    Jewellery recylcing - you can get funds for unwanted jewellery jewelleryreceycling.org
    Toy sale
    Recycle unwanted CDs and DVDs musicmagpie.com - there is a minimum quantity of 100 before the company collects.

5. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

A sponsored something or other. Could be curriculum linked, maybe to an identified weakness - sponsored read, calculations etc.
    I've (we've) raised a fortune in sponsored activities before.

6. Thanks for your replies..keep em coming [​IMG]

7. Cake stalls are always popular, particularly on Friday's if parent's or teacher's have visitors at the weekend [​IMG]

8. We handed it over to the kids...each class was asked to raise £50...they are quite creative.

Auction of toys always goes well
    Coin trial.....backbreaking but they like it
    Talent show
    Buying extra Golden Time/Playtime
    Paying to play in the Early Years Garden
    Cinema afternoon......pay to watch a DVD, sell popcorn
    A great one we had was a raffle to be Head for the day, winner gets to make decisions etc works in office gets cups of tea made for them....tours the school etc etc
    We do stationery sales, they will buy any rubbish, we call it Tats r Us (not to the kids)

9. I like those ideas deero, esp the cinema afternoon, not much to organise there..lol