1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easy band music

Discussion in 'Music' started by nikkib_1986, Jul 4, 2011.

1. nikkib_1986

nikkib_1986 New commenter

Hi all!
    In September my wind band will be all new beginner year 7 (initial to grade 1 standard) due to most of my band this year being made up of year 11s!
    Can anyone recommend some really simple band music that would excite them and get them interested in playing as a group?
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. I am in the same position and have just placed an order for Just Dance Lady Gaga pub Hal Leonard Discovery Series which is aimed at grade 1.

3. nikkib_1986

nikkib_1986 New commenter

Ooh that sounds good. Was hoping to have some more modern stuff other than same old **** that's been in the cupboards at work for years.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Do you know this site?
    http://www.phoenix-music.uk.com/acatalog/Catalogue_ENSEMBLE_MUSIC_from_MUZIKA_34.html
    Browse the different sections. You can view sample pages to see if any of it is the standard you are looking for. There are several grouping options. I've used many of the titles from Absolute Beginners (up to grade 1) with my beginner ensembles and some of the other titles for more advanced players. Most titles give an indication of ABRSM grade required.