1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Eastern Europe

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by lowrysara, Oct 10, 2018.

1. lowrysara

lowrysara New commenter

Hi all,

I am currently teaching in the ME and have been here the last 6 years.
    I am hoping to move back to Europe and am particularly interested in Eastern Europe as have heard there are decent packages available for teachers there, money not my main motivation but I know how hard teaching and renting in UK and Ireland is.
    I’d really appreciate any advice from anyone living/teaching there now regarding applying for jobs, standard of living etc.
    Thanks

2. tigi

tigi Occasional commenter

Eastern Europe can be a nice place to live. You get 4 distinct seasons and the travel opportunities are good. If you are used to a certain lifestyle that some ME expats seem to enjoy you might find it hard. There are good packages but the brunching and partying is much more toned down. In these cities many of the inhabitants hibernate all winter.

Search for threads on Romania if you want more information.

lottee1000 likes this.
  3. gulfgolf

gulfgolf Established commenter

Tigi is spot. Nice balance of lifestyle and package. You won’t earn silly money, but it’s decent.

4. gulfgolf

gulfgolf Established commenter

Spot on. Tigi is spot on.
    Not spot. Nor spotty, sporty, spunky. Well, maybe. IDK, clearly.

lottee1000 likes this.
  5. lowrysara

lowrysara New commenter

Thanks guys that’s great, I’ll look into that

6. Ne11y

Ne11y Occasional commenter

I sent you a PM.

7. lowrysara

lowrysara New commenter

Thanks, I'm new to this dont see where to open PM!

8. Ne11y

Ne11y Occasional commenter

Click on your icon in the top right. You should have a message alert which you can click on.