1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easter Songs

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Gloriousness, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Gloriousness

Gloriousness New commenter

Hello,
    I am looking for an interesting Easter song to do with my class for our Easter celebration that's coming up. It does not have to be religious at all, but I'm really struggling with something to do with Easter/this time of year.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks!

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Well, I'm no religious zealot but, since Easter is the most important day of the Christian year, I can't see the point of an Easter song that has nothing to do with it.

3. Gloriousness

Gloriousness New commenter

A fair point.
    I've done a search now, should have done that first. Will work from the results there.

4. pianist1

pianist1 New commenter

'Songs for every Easter' by Mark and Helen Johnson.
    I like the seed song. Actually the whole of the junior school do because the upper jnrs do the first part and the lowers repeat.. THEY LOVE IT.

Reminds me of when I was that age and participated in the music festivals. Stockton, Middlesbrough and Whitby. Would love to go back in time to be there at the events and rehearsals..