1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Easter Readings

Discussion in 'Primary' started by katyv, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Hi
    We are doing an Easter service at the church when we come back after the holidays, and I need to sort out readings for kids from the KS2 classes to do in between the hymns and short address from the minister. We did poems for the Christmas service, as KS1 were doing the nativity story, but we need to do the Easter story at this service. I have done the usual trawl of tes resources and primary resources but can't find a simple version of the story. Short of paraphrasing the bible, has anyone got any ideas? Please help - am suffering from all day morning sickness so it is all I can do to keep my year 6 teaching organised at the moment let alone anything extra!!!
    Thanks

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. Thanks for that.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Can they not just read it from a Good News Bible? The language will be fine for KS2 and Mark's gospel isn't too long winded about it all. That is what we did last year.

5. Thanks - I'll read up on it!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Nice poems here, but might be too religious. The page is set out very very badly, but with a bit of effort you can find several.
    http://www.poemsource.com/Christian-easter-poems.html

We're using this one for part of our service.
    http://www.rainbowcastle.org/jellybeanprayer.html

7. marium1981

marium1981 New commenter

Hi We are also doing an Easter service at the church second week of March, and I need to sort out readings for kids from the KS2 classes to do in between the hymns...We have been doing the same assembly for years and I think it's time to do something new! However I can't seem to find anything ...any ideas anyone?

8. teachercellar

teachercellar Occasional commenter

9. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Try the cafod children's liturgy website.