1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easter Ideas?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by jessed, Mar 18, 2012.

1. jessed

jessed New commenter

Hi,

Has anyone got any good Easter ideas? I have an Autistic class with students at an average of P5 and we have to produce something for an assembly. I want the students to have as much input as possible (i.e. don't want staff to do the majority of the work!).....we've been told we can do anything from cards to cookies etc.

2. jessed

jessed New commenter

Hi,

Has anyone got any good Easter ideas? I have an Autistic class with students at an average of P5 and we have to produce something for an assembly. I want the students to have as much input as possible (i.e. don't want staff to do the majority of the work!).....we've been told we can do anything from cards to cookies etc.

3. Lots of easter ideas here,
    http://www.**********.co.uk/
    You could get the pupils to make easter masks and easter baskets and then they could hand out small chocolate eggs to the other pupils in the school (mini eggs are good) They could also do a spring/easter display banner for the class, lots of colouring, painting, texture and glueing activities (sensory).
    Easter cards for home.....
    Plant some flowers or go out and pick (get permission) some daffodils for the classroom.
    Easter/spring poems that could be read out or taught through Makaton or visuals etc.
    Hope some of this helps!!