1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easter hols, yeah, yeah, yeah!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by delmamerchant, Mar 25, 2017.

1. delmamerchant

delmamerchant Established commenter

I get that!!! I always a visions of climbing household mountains during the holidays. Glad to see that I am not alone with wait until the holiday cleaning:)

1 person likes this.
  2. delmamerchant

Sorry about the special measures. Hope you are on the way out of them/it. Yes, embrace the fields,eat and sleep. Most of all, enjoy.:)

3. delmamerchant

Sounds lovely.:)

4. delmamerchant

Would I be out of place if I said well done on the weight loss? I am inferring from the smaller clothes: I assume that you are not getting smaller in height.

5. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Update..... I will be driving to all those med appointments..... Whoopeeeeee :)

To add.... car going in to have passenger seat adjustment thing repaired and eye test on Monday too !!

6. delmamerchant

Woke up this morning with teh burnign desire to tackle the front garden. I did. I can now see out of my front room window:).
    Was so plesed with myself that I went on to wash the steps leading up to my house...no, I do not have sunstroke. :)
    Went for a meal at a chain restaurant with my daughter and grandchild. Surprised at how prices have gone up since I last went tothis particular chain, it was a nice afternoon.
    Returned home had a nap, woke up 2 hours later.
    Chilled, debated between tidying up my bedroom, watching back to back episodes of Law and Order or do both simultaneously. I ate a muffin whilst I thought about it..forgot that I had said that I was going to save it for my daughter..Whoops!:oops:,,had better hide the evidence.

7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

The Drain Cover outside the kitchen is badly corroded and really needs replacing - so that's a couple of days of my holiday gone.

8. onmyknees

onmyknees Established commenter

Hair cut, eye test, cut the grass, tidy up the garage, jet wash the decking. I aim to alternate having "chore" days with sociable days. It's lovely just to be able to do things at a sensible pace, not working at full tilt for 10 hours a day. Oh and yes, I aim to have lunch at the usual time; not when I suddenly realise I'm feeling faint and I look at the clock and see it's about 4:30!

9. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Just saw the GP for my carpal tunnel with the result being an injection for the right hand; it feels slightly better (so am crossing fingers (on the other hand?) that it works....:)

10. cb324

cb324 Occasional commenter

Going Madrid for the first week. Leaving teaching after Easter so this is going to be the first holiday where I have zero planning to do and can fully relax without thinking about what I need to plan for after the holidays.

11. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

hmm. didn't start well. colleague decided that getting back on time from wherever she'd been for the weekend was too difficult. fine, but if she'd said that yesterday it would have been better - not wait until 10.30. i was already ready to leave when i got the message. was going to pick up my new car today too, but put it off because i was meeting her.
    why can't people stick to the arrangements they've made? i manage to!

12. delmamerchant

I like it.
    I lie it.Yes and you can have that lunch at a leisurely pace, without one eye on the clock:).Enjoy.

13. delmamerchant

OK, I am jealous re the leaving, but pleased for you. Have a fab holiday and all the best in your post Easter adventures, new start.

14. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Car in for MOT. Boiler being replaced (by a former student).
    Mrs P elsewhere with ill relatives. I have an excuse for quietly chilling round the house and garden.

15. delmamerchant

16. delmamerchant

Hope they were a good student and is not bearing a grudge for a detention or anything, otherwise you will have cold winters:):):)

1 person likes this.
  17. delmamerchant

Good news re the car. All the best re the appointments.

18. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

I've gone Stepford Mad. I've done the garden, cleaned the house, given the cooker snd fridge a proper seeing to, done KeepOrChuck to all the drawers, cleaned the fishtank and done the mighty backlog of ironing.

I'm just about to take a load of rubble and general junk to the tip, and then I intend to sit on my big fat bottom and do nothing for at least three days.

* Almost a certainty that one of the girlies will be poorly and I get a call from Nursery!

19. delmamerchant

I did the journey to the local recycling plant this morning--it was closed:(.i had 3 bags of garden rubble and a bathroom cabine. Will go back tomorrow.:cool:

You have been busy- Good for you.Crossing my fingers that you do not get that phone call.

20. delmamerchant

Have had my grand child for the last 3 days. It has been lovely. Taking her to her daily activities, looking foreward to her having a nap so that I could have one:). Aside from going to the recycling plant on the wrong day and starting on the garden, I am a bit bushwacked at the end of the day to do anything else.:D

Being with young children is so grounding. By this afternoon I had almost talked myself into giveing up teaching and becoming a nanny or childminder.:eek: Then as I rushed home for the nap, reality hit, I love it because at the end of the day, I am on Esther hols and I feel as if I have all the time in the world right now.

Going to start on my back to relity list tomorrow.

How is it going with you guys?