1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easter holidays?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ArthurDent, Feb 13, 2011.

1. 8th to 26th. Liking the idea of a three day week when we go back followed by a four day week, followed by two more and half term. Yay! On the down side: getting Y11 ready for exams a bit of a bugg er.

2. Yes, that's what I've got. It's a bit close for comfort to the AS exam for my liking really but I'm using our VLE to the max in the hope that my students take advantage of that. We've planned to do some on-line 'live' revision using it.
    I'm sure we'll all appreciate the time off whenever we have it!

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

15th-3rd May. Day off at the end of the summer term so we finish on the Thursday instead of Friday ( instead of royal wedding). I'm not complaining about the extra day but would have preferred to have Bern given some option about when to take it ( like inset) and would've made a long weekend in the final summer term.

4. I can't remember the exact dates but I know that, because I live and work in different authorities, my holiday doesn't coincide with my kids'.
    I'm absolutely devistated that I'll be missing out on my two weeks with them. I've had to recruit my parents for one week and my husband is taking a weeks holiday for the other.
    I'm regularly reminded that I'll get two whole weeks to myself, but I can't imagine what I'm going to do.

5. Finally, someone with the same dates! I suspect we are in the minority. The same happened a few years ago and managed to book a dirt cheap 'Easter' break as all the schools had gone back already. Might start looking..........

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Schools in my area are taking their Easter holidays anywhere between 4 April and 3 May - it's a free for all. No consistency within LEAs at all.

7. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Was that when it was dead early? We had the bank holiday weekend, went back and did a week and 3 days then had 2 weeks off. We got a bargain holiday ( well cheaper than
    usual) and stayed at the posh hotel in Disneyland for what it would've cost to go self catering. Result!
    We've just booked a week in Cornwall for a decent price.Happy holidays!