1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Easter holidays. What have you done so far?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jomaimai, Mar 28, 2016.

1. jomaimai

jomaimai Established commenter

Thursday, I jumped into my kitchen and started cooking. I have done several delicious dishes, had friends for lunch, gone to a concert, gone to the cinema twice and have not touched the suitcase full of work I brought from school.
    ...and we still have two full weeks, I better start doing something... tomorrow!

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Visited relatives. I feel that comes before marking.

3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

broke up on thursday. friday, cleaning until the inlaws appeared. saturday and sunday - inlaw-sitting. today, they went home. weather was so awful we couldn't go out. naturally it cleared up after all the shops shut.. still v windy though. just ate waaaay too much for dinner.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Went out to Cambridge for the day... took wife out for her birthday meal in Russian restaurant...

Today... sat in the Lake District contemplating a trip to the pub and a burger.

5. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Worked the first 3 days then went to watch 10 Cloverfield Lane at the cinema today. I have 2 more nights at work later in the week and then a week and a half off. I plan to go to see friends in London, catch up on all the tv shows I have recorded that my OH doesn't like, have my hair cut, go to the opticians, the drs and the dentist. Yes even though I am no longer a teacher I still seem to leave stuff like that to my holidays despite having time off most weeks to do it. It is a hard habit to break!:oops:

6. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Just got back from holiday in Norfolk today. A lovely part of the country and then weather was fine. Very limited internet access so felt very relaxed.

Rest of be week to go before its back to the grindstone

7. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Looked after my daughter and her four lively children after her foot operation. I'm shattered but her husband comes back from working abroad tomorrow relieving me of my duties. (I love them all really.)

8. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Give us a shout if you do this again, we could meet for a pint.

lanokia likes this.
  9. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Haven't broken up yet. Back to school this week -break up on Friday.

ROSIEGIRL likes this.
  10. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Likewise. Would enjoy meeting up for a drink.

lanokia likes this.
  11. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Had a pleasant afternoon on Friday, walking along the prom and eating ice cream. Some shopping on Saturday and yesterday visited both sets of fox Cubs and their cublets. Eldest foxcub invited us for Sunday lunch, so Mr F was very pleased. Came home whilst it was still light and hunkered down to prepare for storm Katie, which battered our part of the world. Had a walk around the estate this afternoon looking at the damage. Many fence panels down, walls, tree branches etc. The sales suite manager had inveigled a workman into going with her, looking for damage. They were picking up flags and flagpoles, metal signs, tape and all kinds of detritus. One area of the site was rendered out of bounds.

12. kittylion

kittylion Senior commenter

Nothing because I haven't broken up yet - don't finish until 8 April and then we have 2 weeks. The rest of the staff have had the bank holiday weekend (well I have too, but I don't usually work those days anyway).

13. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

4 days to go then finish for 2 weeks. First time this has happened at Easter - really feel like I'm on holiday. Shock to the system coming up ...

14. peppermint-tea

peppermint-tea New commenter

4 day holiday over the Easter weekend :) eaten a lot of food!

15. blueskies31

blueskies31 Occasional commenter

I have enjoyed doing b*gger all. I finished my teaching career last Thursday and for the first time my head isn't whirring with the million of things I have to do before the new term starts! I'm going away in my caravan till Thursday and start my new job on Friday. Happy Easter everyone x

InkyP and Mangleworzle like this.
  16. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Today, I seemed to have watched the first series of Game of Thrones. I didn't need to watch it again - it's still all a mystery to me and I'll still be none the wiser when the new series starts.

17. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

Inspired by TES, I checked my banner ad. That exhausted me so I went back to guzzling Easter eggs and wine.

Spiritwalkerness likes this.
  18. inky

inky Lead commenter

Congratulations, blueskies31, on your new start in life.

I wish you al the best.

blueskies31 likes this.
  19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

OK sure... would definitely do this.

20. secretsiren

secretsiren Star commenter

Friday and Saturday - spent the days mopping up vomit from Eldest Child.
    Sunday and Monday - spent the days mopping up vomit from Second Eldest Child and trying not to lose my patience with MrSiren because he spent two days in bed with a sore throat while I dealt with puking child and the three others.
    Today - I now have a sore throat and feel lousy. Trip to seaside postponed due to not wanting to provoke vomiting in car and also due to no sleep at all last night.

So far, not our best holiday.

Flere-Imsaho likes this.